Thursday, January 27, 2011

Purebred

Not much of a post, I know, but I just got back from BJJ at Purebred. I have been going less and less recently as I have been focusing on earning my teaching qualifications at Hakkoryu, but... what great fun!!
I miss hitting the mat and doing some good old fashioned rolling.

After the technique class I did half hour of straight rolling with a purple, brown, black, then a white belt. After hardly doing any BJJ over the past 2-3 months I was surprised at how well I went. I only got tapped once (by the brown belt), but I am pretty sure they took it easy on me. Having said that, the only person I tapped was the white belt, but I finished with plenty of juice left in the tank and looking forward to the next session.

Sunday 6th February brings the Saitama prefectural BJJ tournament and the club manager asked me to come along, either as a competitor or specatator. I will opt for the latter, I am certainly in no shape for a competition at the moment.

Anyway, I had loads of fun and even tried some Hakkoryu jujutsu techniques, with varying success. I look forward to going again sometime soon, but have plans on Saturday which is my next Purebred class, so I may have to wait until next Thursday again. Roll on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment